Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The people who will ultimately save America part one




"The media, including FOX news, are banging the drums for war with Russia. Just when we thought we might be able to take this country back... when we thought we could drain the swamp. When we thought we could get our Constitution and civil liberties returned, a balanced budget, fair taxes, as promised. No, without any proof Assad is being blamed for the use of chemical weapons. We are being played, and everyone is just eating it up. Drink your Kool Aid and shut up America, you have no need for Truth. Believe what you are told." Ken LaRive 4/11/2017

God help us...

At a birthday party several months ago I gravitated to a table-full of home-made cakes and cookies. There, between a large picture window overlooking a spectacular view of happy children playing in a sun-filled pool, and doting moms watching responsibly under multi-colored umbrellas, there stood to one side a group of elderly grandparents, like myself. I could see from a distance that they were engaged in passionate conversation, but as I grew near and our eyes met, they grew silent. 


I gave them a big smile as I gazed across the table of home-made sweets, and looked to fill a pink plastic plate with a picture of Tinker bell in the center. 


"Hi Ken... Read your essay on Ron Paul last week and you were spot on."

"Thanks!" I said, and so it began, an hour long conversation about the state of the nation. Of course I love to talk, especially when talking about the greatest man I know, but I've finally realized that one cannot learn when talking. And then, as time wore on, I was shaken to the very foundations of my reality as I listened to these men.


In retrospect, several elements about that conversation still rings in my brain. I suppose the first shock was to find out that one couple, who had their house paid for, had refinanced it a few years ago at 80%, and with the proceeds, bought gold and silver. It turned out to be a good investment, as they had made a 33 percent return so far, but of course that is about what they will have to pay in taxes. It must be considered a long-term investment, and both gold and silver have retained their value through the 100 years of Federal Reserve "shenanigans", as Dr. Paul so aptly describes this hidden tax. But then they told me that they were preparing for an economic meltdown, a collapse of social order, and the ultimate outcome, martial law. They told me a nightmare scenario about FEMA camps and the hundreds of thousands of coffins found hidden in a field, and the government distribution of hollow-point bullets seemingly in preparation of a possible social upheaval that will have to be suppressed with extreme prejudice. Suddenly my little plastic plate of frosted cup-cakes and my cup of spiked sherbet fruit punch lost its appeal.


The other three, who represented three other families, nodded their heads in complete agreement, and each had something of their own to add. One said that the UN and Obama Progressives wanted our hand guns, and that Australia had given up theirs. He said it would not be so easy here in America, the ultimate plan to finish off our civil liberties... Little did we know that in just a year we would have a new President, Donald Trump.

"The past does not equal the future, it has been said, but that is only if we know the truth about our past..." -Ken La Rive


"Yes," said another, "and the NDAA will give them that authority during martial law." I was dubious, and told them that I had heard the NDAA had been stopped. They assured me respectfully to do my homework on the matter. It had not, and he added, "I will never obey an authority who disobeys the Constitution, and you can be assured I will never give up my guns."


"One thing we all have in common," another one said, "We here are planning to survive this. We will not be denied liberty, and would die for it, that is the real strength. We will survive, they won't." They all laughed, and immediately another mentioned how she had food for two years for four people stockpiled, and working hard to "get off the grid." A water well, making fuel, a wind turbine, a garden, orchard, and farm animals like a cow and chickens, and all of it nestled in a community of like mind... I was dumbfounded, and they saw it. "There is hope Ken." One said with a smile. And it was sometime at the very end of this declarative conversation that I heard of a new concept, "The Oath Keepers." 


There was much of what they talked about that I just can't remember now. I suppose I was too stunned, possibly a defense mechanism to keep my sanity. I vowed, however, to look up NDAA, the UN's gun ban proposal, FEMA, and the term Oath Keeper. I do remember that I didn't sleep a wink that night. I actually cried.


Googling my perspective future...


The quest to learn more about this finally led me to the Paul Fest of Tampa. It was there that I met the organizer, Dan Johnson, of P.A.N.D.A, fighting the NDAA, Stewart Rhodes founder of The Oath Keepers, New Mexico's Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Presidential 2012 Candidate, and Jim Crowley, the amazing director of the movie "Gray Slate." I even had a conversation with Wayne Paul, Ron Paul's younger brother, a preview of Part Two of Atlas Shrugged, and met a powerful young musician who supports Dr. Paul by the name of Jordan Page. T.M.O.T Derrick Grayson was there too, a Ron Paul supporter I have had a lot of respect for on YouTube, and he was animated as usual, even playing Jimmy Hendrix on an electric guitar. 


In the next several essays I will discuss each of these groups, and their impact on the liberty movement. I noted no representation of the Tea Party there, and I can only conclude that the Tea Party movement has sold out to a Neocon mindset, and is no longer a viable part of the liberty movement, as I see it. I hope I am wrong. I remember finding out that our own Lafayette Tea Party endorsed Mitt Romney, and that is a case in point. If it wasn't for their efforts to thwart Dr. Paul in Louisiana, would have had all of the Louisiana delegates, and I would have been at convention, as a delegate.  It didn't turn out that way. 



Author's note: 


One other thing that is quite emphatic. I have been a Republican my whole life, but after seeing what went on at the GOP, I can no longer be associated with them. They have betrayed the movement, at least this is what I have observed here in Louisiana. I feel so down about it, so deceived. I see them for what they are, greedy and power hungry, without any sense of decency, honor, pride, or a standard other than their theft of authority. What Republicans did at the GOP will ultimately be their downfall, as truth cannot be denied, and it will be recorded as the virtual collapse of the Neocon dominated Republican Party, the annihilation of the Progressive Democratic Party, and a catalyst for the most powerful movement since the American Revolution, the Liberty movement. Unlike the other two, who are two fingers on the same hand, the liberty movement is nothing about domination and control, but liberty. Liberty, a conceptual standard far stronger, and enduring. The Liberty movement is the true American ideal, and it is owned by we the people.


Most all of our ancestors came to America with the hope of being free of tyranny. Their blood flows in the Liberty movement, and reflects the words of Thomas Jefferson: 


"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." 


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." 


“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria) 


"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." 


"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”

— Thomas Jefferson


It seems now that I was indeed in fine company at that birthday party. God bless them, and God bless America. And I hope with every fiber of my being that we are not being betrayed by President Trump. Indeed, he is our last hope before violent civil disobedience. I don't think I would survive a week of that...  I do know I would die for my country, if I could find a standard to hold. I'd be on the front lines... but I would not want to die for a lie.


-Ken La Rive






No comments: