Here are several books that can help you cope, and to deal with this amazingly frustrating and painful problem.
• The Rookie’s Playbook: Insights and Dirt for New Principals by Autumn Tooms, Rowland and Littlefield 2005.
• I Thought I Was the Crazy One: 201 Ways to identify and Deal with Toxic People by Ruthie O. Grant, Personhood Press 2003.
• Emotional Vampires: Dealing with People Who Drain You Dry by Albert J. Bernstein, Ph.D. McGraw-Hill Professional 2002.
• A constant state of perpetual doom and gloom.
• They start conversation using a negative, then quickly try to diffuse it.
• They make snide and disrespectful remarks to employees in restaurants, banks and shops.
• They use excessive friendliness to ensnare emotionally, a method used to lure people into relationships and jobs. Once they have your attention, when your guard is down, you will find their true self.